These are the terms for Online shopping at Su Casa, which is a convenient way of browsing our product range, placing orders and making payments. We sincerely hope that this site provides you with the functionality and ease of use that you would expect.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of this site or experience any problems with this site, based on these terms, please contact us and we will endeavor to resolve your problem.
- Detailed description of goods and/or services
Su Casa Designs (Pty) Ltd, herein referred to as “Su Casa”, is a business in the furniture industry that retails furniture and décor items to consumers.
- Electronic Communications
You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all terms, agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- This website allows a person (“user”) to place electronic orders (“order”) for one or more products on offer as long as, based on these terms, such products are available and not sold out.
- A purchasing contract (“sale”) between the user and Su Casa shall be complete only once a user has placed an order and the payment has been processed fully, meaning Su Casa has received and accepted the payment.
- Su Casa reserves the right to cancel any order.
- Products cannot be reserved by a user to be bought at a later time. Placing an item in your cart without processing the payment for the order will not lead to a successful order being placed nor the reservation of (an) item(s).
- If an item is listed as “on hold”, this means that a user currently has the last of these items in their shopping cart. If their cart expires without payment being made, this item will be released back onto the website for sale.
- Please note that our terms indicate that the stock of all items on offer is limited. Su Casa will make all reasonable attempts to ensure that product sales are brought to an end when stock runs out.
- If it happens that Su Casa is unable to fulfil any order at the advertised price because stock is sold out or unavailable, Su Casa will let you know and you’ll be entitled to a reimbursement for the rand value you have paid for such product.
The colours of our products shown on this website may look different on your computer compared with the colour of the actual product. This is because different computers display colours differently depending on the type of computer screen (LCD, plasma, desktop, laptop etc). For this reason, it is strongly recommended that you visit one of our showrooms to see the actual colour of the item. Su Casa cannot be held responsible for any mistakes in ordering items whose actual colour is different from that appearing on the website as viewed on your computer.
- Payment options accepted
- Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into the Su Casa Designs (Pty) Ltd bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
- Based on our terms of sale, Su Casa does not accept cheque payments
- Item(s) will only be shipped / delivered once payment is reflected in Su Casa bank account.
- Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Su Casa Designs (Pty) Ltd via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to http://www.paygate.co.za to view their terms, security certificate and security policy.
- Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Su Casa Designs (Pty) Ltd separately from card details which are entered by the client on DPO PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on DPO PayGate refer to http://www.paygate.co.za.
- Su Casa Outlet country and transaction currency
- Su Casa outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa.
- Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
- Termination of Suspected Fraudulent Orders
- Su Casa reserves the right to cancel or refuse to fulfill any order that it suspects of being fraudulent. This includes but is not limited to instances of suspected stolen credit cards.
- On occasion, Su Casa may request a copy of your official identification document or the front of your credit card to verify the transaction with the relevant bank. Su Casa may cancel any order where the necessary documentation is not provided in a timely manner (usually within 24 hours).
- In the event of a fraudulent purchase being placed on Su Casa, cardholders will be advised to initiate a charge-back via their bank in order to be refunded. Su Casa does not process refunds for orders suspected of fraud.
- Delivery and Shipping policy
- Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 3 business days and delivery confirmed by way of email or telephone.
- Products will be shipped within 10 working days. Please note that actual shipping / delivery times may vary and are an estimation only. Delivery time is sometimes based on the estimated time provided by the courier companies we use. Whilst every effort is made at all times to achieve this date, it does happen from time to time that delays are encountered that are often outside of our control. Su Casa will make every effort to expedite delayed lead times and will make every effort to ensure that the customer is updated on the progress of the order.
- SuCasaDesigns.co.za is an online retailer. We do not allow for order collections from our stores. The service we offer is a door-to-door service. This means that the shipment is delivered to the address not the person. I.e. if the person is not available it can be left with anyone at that address e.g. security, staff, reception, etc.
- Su Casa cannot ship to P.O. boxes, farms or rural areas.
- It is mandatory to leave a telephone or mobile number for us to contact you during delivery hours.
- Shipping categories are offered to you on checkout based on your delivery area code. Su Casa will from time to time offer promotional shipping rates, for example free delivery for certain products.
- Should a package not be delivered through no fault of ours (e.g. no-one on premises/unable to answer calls/invalid or incomplete address), we will attempt to contact you via phone and email to make delivery arrangements with you. If we are unable to reach you, the order will be returned to our warehouse and checked back into stock. You will be refunded the amount for the products excluding delivery fees.
- Su Casa reserves the right to amend shipping / delivery costs at any time.
- Export restriction
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
- Before an order is dispatched, customers are eligible to cancel their order at no charge to them, provided the items they are cancelling are not made to order or on demand items. These items may incur a cancellation charge.
- Once an order has been dispatched, the shipping and handling fee will not be refunded. You may cancel your purchase by contacting us. Cancellations requested after items have been dispatched and have been delivered, will be treated as a return.
- Cooling Off (Cancellation Policy)
- In accordance with the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act Su Casa offers a 7-day (after the date of the receipt of the goods) return / refund policy on correctly supplied non-defective goods subject to the following:
- In the event that the customer elects to return the goods and claim an exchange or refund, goods must be returned to our warehouse in their original protective packaging, accompanied by proof of payment, and in their original, unused condition.
- The cost of return of the goods shall be for the customer’s account.
- After this 7-day period Su Casa reserves the right to refuse a return or exchange.
- Should the goods no be in their original, undamaged packaging a re-packaging fee will be charged
- Once the good have been received, our quality control department will inspect the goods. This can take up to 7 working days.
- Please take note that returns on certain items, eg. Mattresses cannot be accepted, due to hygienic reasons once packaging has been opened.
- Final sale products are not eligible for return or exchange; therefore, no refunds will be processed for these products unless the product is broken/damaged/faulty/incorrect.
- In accordance with Section 42 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, the 7-day return / refund policy is not applicable to custom made / special order goods. In the event that a special order is cancelled we reserve the right to levy a reasonable cancellation penalty based on costs incurred by Su Casa at the time of cancellation.
- All custom made / special order goods have a 50% non-refundable amount should there be a cancellation / exchange
- Defective Items
- The Customer is allowed to inspect the Goods thoroughly immediately upon receiving the Goods.
- The customer has the right to refuse delivery of any product that is visibly damaged on delivery.
- If damage to a product/s only becomes apparent after delivery, it is the responsibility of the customer to report the damage to us within 48 hours.
- If any goods delivered by us are found to be unsuitable for the intended proposes, the customer should communicate to us by way of written notice within 10 days after delivery.
- We will request further information (complaint form) to be filled out and photos to be sent via e-mail
- We will review the form and will contact you. Should the form be incomplete, Su Casa will not be able to assist you.
- Depending on the validity of the claim we will arrange to view or collect the product at the customers premises for inspection
- Once the goods have been received or viewed our quality control department will inspect them. This can take up to 7 working days.
- If approved we will commence with replacement, repair, or credit/refund (our refund policy will apply), which may take up to 7 working days after approval
- Should you fail to notify us, in writing, of any claim you may have in terms hereof within the specified periods, you will have waived your claim.
- The Customer or the person taking Delivery on your behalf will be required to sign proof of delivery (POD) and, unless indicated to the contrary on the POD or reported in writing to us, within 48 hours of Delivery, it is deemed that the Goods have been delivered and received in good condition and, where appropriate, in accordance with the customer’s specifications.
- Final sale items may not be returned for an exchange or refund.
- Shipping and handling charges are not refundable, unless an order has arrived damaged, faulty, incorrect or missing. Management will use their discretion to evaluate whether a refund for shipping and handling may be waivered.
- Return / exchange requests will be approved at the discretion of Su Casa.
- Products will not be eligible for return / exchange if they have been partially or entirely disassembled, physically altered, permanently installed, affixed, attached, joined or added to, blended or combined with, or embedded within, other goods or property. This includes products that have been worn or damaged.
- Refunds are offered in the original method of payment or a Su Casa credit.
- Refunds take up to 14 working days to process and may take longer (2-3 working days) to reflect in the customer’s account due to delay between banks.
- Special order goods
In accordance with Section 42 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, the 7-day return/ refund policy is not applicable to customer made / special order goods. In the event that a special order is cancelled we reserve the right to levy a reasonable cancellation penalty based on costs incurred by Su Casa at the time of cancellation.
- Goods Assembled by the customer
Please take note that we will not accept any claims for damage to goods or personal injury where goods are purchased unassembled. No claims for refunds will be entertained where goods have been assembled, affixed or installed by the customer or its representative.
Click here for Su Casa Warranty policy.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Su Casa harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, attorney’s fees, arising from or related to your use of the site. Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither Su Casa nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this web site or the services or content provided from and through this web site. Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Su Casa and users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this site.
Su Casa Designs (Pty) Ltd shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
Su Casa Designs (Pty) Ltd takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
- Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Su Casa Designs (Pty) Ltd chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
Su Casa Designs (Pty) Ltd may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- Accessing Any of the Pages on This Website Implies That You Agree to the Following Terms and Conditions Of Use to This Website
Su Casa and its affiliates provide their services to you subject to the following conditions. Your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and your agreement to follow and be bound by them. You may only use this website for lawful purposes, and you warrant that you will not, other than for your personal and non-commercial use, store on your computer, or print copies of extracts from this website. You may not, other than for your personal and non-commercial use, “mirror” or cache information provided via this website on your own server, or copy, adapt, modify or re-use the text or graphics from this website without prior written permission from Su Casa.
- If you disagree with these terms we do not recommend use of our service. You will be required to accept the T’s & C’s every time you transact on our website.
- We reserve the right to ban any individual uploader or website domain from using our services for any reason.
- Service Disruption
- Su Casa reserves the right to limit or discontinue the functionality of the site. While we strive to be online continuously, we cannot exclude cases in which the webpage may be unavailable. In rare cases this may cause data loss.
- Su Casa cannot be held liable for cross-browser incompatibilities that cause checkout or payment failures – in accordance with these terms. We recommend that you browse with Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
- Intellectual property
Su Casa and participating vendors retain all copyright and other rights to services, as well as listings, information, images, videos, and databases (the “Property Protection”). A modification, reproduction, publication, disclosure to third parties and/or exploitation of the protected property without the prior written consent is expressly prohibited by Su Casa.
- Errors and omissions excepted (E&OE)
While every care is exercised, Su Casa shall not be liable for errors on this website (sucasadesigns.co.za); including the mis-positioning of any advertisement or the wrong pricing of products. Should a case such as this occur, Su Casa has the right to amend the error without effect base don these terms. Customers who view an incorrect ad or price do not have the right to make any claim.
This site and all contents of this site are provided on a voetstoots “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You acknowledge, by your use of this site, that your use of this site is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of our site, and that Su Casa shall not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of this site. We make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, and assume no liability or responsibility for the proper performance of this website and/or the accuracy of the data contained on the website, and your use of the website and the data is thus at your own risk. In particular we make no warranty that the website or the data will meet your requirements, be uninterrupted, complete, timely, and secure or error free. This site may contain hyper-links to third party sites. Su Casa is not responsible for the content of, or the services offered by or data contained on those sites. Any hyper-links are provided solely for your convenience and should not be construed as an express or implied endorsement by us of the sites or the data, products or services provided on the linked websites. You are accessing of those sites and use their products, data and services solely at your own risk and subject to the website owners’ terms and conditions.
- Company information
This website is run by Su Casa Designs (Pty) Ltd based in South Africa trading with registration number 2016/443899/07.
- Su Casa Designs (Pty) Ltd contact details
Company Physical Address: Springfield Retail Centre, 2 Ilala Avenue, Umgeni Business Park, Durban, 4091
Telephone: 031 0300 761